The Sky Is Falling  

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Who would have thought that a guy who wrote a book about the environment and how we need to go back to using the horse and buggy could ever win the Nobel Peace Prize. Folks I give you Albert Gore Jr. Should I suddenly be swept away by a heat wave while bloggin you'll have to forgive me Algore seems to embrace lovingly global warming sometime more than he embraces Tipper. (Pause to Gag). The real question here is if Algore really created peace by making his movie a "Inconvenient Truth" or writing his book "HI I'm Algore and I am not a scientist"(book name unknown nor do I care). I really don't see anyone getting along anymore than we used to I think we tend to want to avoid "treehuggers" even more today than we did back in the '70's when Newsweek ran their article about Global Cooling. The truth be told Global Warming is good for us. Look what it did to get rid of the Ice Age. After a asteroid strike or a nuclear war we end up with freezing temperature and the next thing you know we have glaciers instead of high rise buildings in New York. The Ice Age happened ( and this is a fact) before there were any cars. Mankind has only been keeping track of daily average temperatures for the last 40 years or so not since he was painting pictures on cave walls and running from a T-rex all you can eat buffet. Let's go back to Al not being a scientist and his education. Al studied English as a major at Harvard and scored in the lower 5th of the class(toward the bottom) after serving time in Vietnam as a reporter Al went Vanderbilt University and studied law. No where in Wikipedia article that I read did I see Climatologist as a major or even that he had a chemistry set when he was a kid. Where Al gets his information from I can't say and I really don't think he does either. Is the world better off and now at peace because Algore woke up yesterday? No we still have terrorist trying to sneak into the country , drugs being smuggled across our borders and Britney Spears can't show up to a custody hearing on time. I think Al had better get to work.

Email this post

3 comments: to “ The Sky Is Falling

  • Amy
    October 13, 2007 at 2:54 PM  

    Amen a zillion times over. what a joke. I'm surprised he didn't win this years ago when he invented the internet.

    I feel like joining with the crazies in Manhattan (or wherever) that hold up signs all day saying "The End Is Near!"...cuz seriously, what is this world coming to? The funny part will be when the world does "end", not because of global warming, but because Christ comes down to set everyone straight.

  • Amy
    October 15, 2007 at 4:35 PM  

    thought this might interest you: http://funakifam.blogspot.com/2007/10/wee-bit-of-misfortune.html

    she has links to 2 articles in her post about the University of Utah professor that won a nobel prize in medicine. Too bad people like this get shoved aside in most of the media outlets due to idiots like Al Gore.

  • Anonymous
    October 20, 2007 at 8:23 AM  

    MOM !!!
    All of the cool kids like Al better tahn me, it is just not FAIR !!

Design by Col.Smeag @ listentoprecious